Custom car enthusiasts, start your engines.
Your sweet ride could be turned into a collectible Hot Wheels toy die-cast.
The search is part of The Hot Wheels Legends Tour, which toy-maker Mattel dubs "the world’s largest traveling car show." Last year's inaugural tour attracted more than 3,600 cars, according to organizers.
This year's tour stops in 18 locations, including in El Segundo on Saturday.
“The Hot Wheels Legends Tour was a huge hit last year with over 65,000 attendees nationwide and it’s even bigger this time around,” said Scott Shaffstall, a Mattel spokesperson.
Former "The Tonight Show" host and Hot Wheels enthusiast Jay Leno serves as a guest judge. He, Adam Carolla and a host of car designers, will select a finalist to join Hot Wheels at SEMA Auto Show in Las Vegas November 5-8. There, the El Segundo finalist's custom car will be judged with winners from each of the 18 stops.
Last year's winner, Luis Rodriquez, will have the 1:64 die-cast of his 2JetZ car unveiled, according to Shaffstall. The life-size vehicle and the die cast will be on display in El Segundo and be inducted into the Hot Wheels Garage of Legends.
The event features live music, giveaways, a Kids Zone, hundreds of cars including the Bigfoot monster truck and Hollywood celebrity appearances.
The tour also includes:
- A chance to win a Chevrolet Camaro or the ultimate Hot Wheels experience in Los Angeles. Text LEGENDS to 44724 or visit LegendsTourSweeps.com to enter the sweepstakes
- One custom-tuned Honda vehicle will be selected as a Honda Super Tuner Finalist to be displayed at the SEMA Show in November
- A patch customization station with special Legends Patches
- Pitstop challenge games, for kids and adults
- A traveling Hot Wheels vending machine, so fans can purchase exclusive die-casts, some not available in stores
- A Forza gaming experience
“It’s a fantastic way to celebrate Hot Wheels’ birthday (51st) with friends and family,” Shaffstall said.
The Hot Wheels Legends Tour is at Hot Wheels Headquarters, located at 2031 E. Mariposa Ave. in El Segundo, on Saturday, May 18, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Parking for the event is at the Mattel Tower, located at 333 Continental Blvd.
For more information, visit HotWheels.com.