With the Corona Ban well underway, Mr. Carlson strikes back, building the #CB3 Virtual Performance Command Center for Mira Costa Jazz and the Carlson Band to debut the first student performance in the series.
I Want You Back by Freddie Perren, Alphonso Mizell, Barry Gordy, and Deke Richards; arr. John Wasson
Click HERE to go back to the start of the song: 1:57
Please consider donating to the Mira Costa Bands Project: #CB3 Virtual Performance Series at the Mira Costa Bands Square Store. (https://squareup.com/store/mbx-foundation-16)
Thank you so much, every dollar helps!
This episode of #CB3 - Dance - I Want You Back
Written and Directed by Mr. Carlson
Video Editing by Ethan Nahlinder
Music performed by the members of Mira Costa High School Jazz 1
with supporting cast members from Jazz 2
Audio Recording Consultation and Mixing by Joel Mankey
To Purchase a downloadable, instantly printable part to play along with go to: Sheet Music Direct - I Want You Back, arr. John Wasson. (https://www.sheetmusicdirect.com/en-US/Search.aspx?query=I%20Want%20You%20Back%20%E2%80%93%20John%20Wasson%20%E2%80%93%20Jazz%20Ensemble&utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=band-orch-scoreplay)
Note: we changed some of the notes and rhythms on this arrangement to more closely match the Jackson 5 original, see if you can figure out them out by ear to work on your transcribing!
Want to know how to put together your own Virtual Performance? Click here to go to the Introductory lesson in Mr. C's: Virtual Performance Creation Tutorial Series (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6grF14MSfU)
Came here first? Make sure to watch the first video in this series: #CB3 - Prelude - Are You Ready For This? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fq5koam5d8)
Additional Additional Additional Disclaimer: This was all filmed well before more was known and understood about the use of masks in public. Thank you.
Additional Additional Additional Additional Disclaimer: To have even more fun with this project many of us made 2 videos, a fun one and a high quality audio one. The audio for the song features the student performances from the high quality audio recordings...hence why you do not hear any herald or piccolo trumpets on the track ; ).
As featured on
- Plan to revamp Artesia/Aviation in North Redondo Beach gets first real look
- Manhattan Beach's short-term rental ban null until state Coastal Commission approves
- Hermosa Beach to fine non-mask wearers $100 in crowded parts of city
- Homeless numbers for South Bay’s beach cities remain level
- South Bay restaurants serve on-site with limited tables
- Burglar arrested after barricading inside Manhattan Beach home, police say
- Rich Archbold: Redondo Beach teen fighting leukemia helps other children with cancer
- Winnetka man who punched Hermosa Beach MAGA-hat wearer must attend anger management and AA sessions
- Commentary: Generational wealth and racism in Manhattan Beach
- LETTERS: The case for face coverings, council voices and fact-checking: Week of July 30
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular collections.
Aug 8FREE for enrolled students, $25 for non-enrolled