Soroptimist International of Manhattan Beach presents LUNAFEST, a traveling film festival, on Sunday, August 2, at 2 p.m. at the Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center.
The festival spotlights the work of a diverse array of talented women filmmakers with intelligent, funny, and thought-provoking themes. LUNAFEST connects women, their stories and their causes through film and offers an opportunity to see short films which you may otherwise never have access to. All of the net proceeds are donated to charity and Soroptimist programs to advance the status of women in the community.
Doors will open at 2 p.m. and the films will start at 2:30 p.m. There will be open seating. Light refreshments of wine, water and desserts will be offered.
Pre-sale tickets are $20. Please print out your registration and bring it the day of the event for a quicker entry to the theater. Tickets are available at the door for $25. Tickets purchased for the previous date will be honored; refunds will be issued upon request.
The Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center is located at 1935 Manhattan Beach Boulevard in Redondo Beach.
- Rock & Brews prepare to reopen, minus El Segundo, which falls to bankruptcy
- Developer threatens to paint over Wyland's iconic mural on Redondo Beach power plant
- Outdoor retail sales, dining temporary permit program approved by Hermosa Beach council
- Shark season is back: Surfers spooked at Trestles, advisory in San Clemente, sightings off Capo Beach and Manhattan
- Despite coronavirus, Manhattan Beach Education Foundation's virtual Wine Auction on track for record fund-raising
- South Bay restaurants continue with to-go and take out orders
- Dylanfest goes virtual for its 30th event this weekend
- Hermosa Beach City School District names South Bay native as its new superintendent
- RUHS publishes 100th yearbook amid school closure and pandemic
- 2 swimmers, 1 unconscious, rescued at Torrance Beach
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular collections.