Hermosa Beach is gearing up for the Teen Choice Awards, featuring appearances by Taylor Swift and the Jonas Brothers, which will take place live Sunday, Aug. 11 from 5 to 7 p.m.
Here's how to obtain locals-only wristbands
Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach and Manhattan Beach residents will get first shot at the free “locals only wristbands” when they will be available first come, first served, Thursday, Aug. 8 and Friday, Aug. 9, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., on the east lawn of the Hermosa Beach Community Center at 710 Pier Ave.
The local wristband holders will have access to a preferred “locals only” standing area to view the show.
A city spokesperson said they expect demand for the locals-only wristbands to be high and a Friday distribution may not be necessary.
An adult must be present at the time of the wristband pickup and have proof of residency. There is a four wristband limit per adult. The four children do not need to attend on the distribution day(s) to receive the wristbands.
Getting to the event
Hermosa Beach officials highly recommend either walking, biking or using ride share services on Sunday as parking will be limited downtown.
There will be Uber and Lyft drop-off and pick-up points on Pier Avenue, between Manhattan Avenue and Palm Drive.
The bike corral will be located on the east side of Hermosa Avenue between 10th Street and Pier Avenue.
Pedestrians will have access to the venue, on the sand south of the Hermosa Beach Pier, via 11th Street from Hermosa Avenue to the Strand and on 10th Street from Hermosa Avenue to the Strand.
If you must drive, these lots are open
- Community Center (710 Pier Avenue)
- City Hall (1315 Valley Drive)
- Parking Lot D (corner of Manhattan Avenue and 14th Street)
- Valley School (1645 Valley Drive)
- Lower Level Parking Only at Plaza Hermosa (Von's Shopping Center) available from 2 to 8 p.m.
Pier closed, but Pier Plaza will be open
The Hermosa Beach pier will be closed to the public on Sunday, but Pier Plaza and its businesses will remain open.
Slater's 50/50 will be closed for the day.
To access Hermosa Cyclery, Good Stuff and The Deck, use the Strand via 14th Street.
These roads are closed
Road closures will be in effect on Sunday, Aug. 11 from 11 a.m. through 9 p.m.
- The Strand from 10th St to Slaters 50/50 (The Deck, Good Stuff and Hermosa Cyclery will be open and accessible from the Strand)
- Beach Drive from 10th St to 14th St
- 11th Ct from Hermosa Ave to Beach Dr
- 13th Ct from Hermosa Ave to Beach Dr
- 13th St from Hermosa Ave to Beach Dr
- 14th Ct from Hermosa Ave to Beach Dr
- Parking Lots A, B, and C (structure)
These streets will be accessible to pedestrian and bicycles only:
- Pier Avenue from Manhattan Ave to Hermosa Ave
- Hermosa Avenue from 8th St to 16th St
- 8th St from Hermosa Ave to the Strand
- 9th St from Hermosa Ave to the Strand
- 14th St from Hermosa Ave to the Strand
If you are a resident or a registered hotel guest staying in the area, you may access these areas from Hermosa Avenue with ID or proof of registration.
For more information, call (310) 318-0280, or visit hermosabch.org/teenchoice2019.